5 Question Case Study
Modules 3-7 you will be required to read a case from your course packet and answer a series of questions. The goal is to allow you to apply the strategic concepts and practices studied in each week and to sharpen your analytical, evaluative, and overall case analysis skills in preparation for your final project. This week, you are to carefully read the following Case Study:
- Innovation and Collaboration at Merrill Lynch, (Links to an external site.)
Boris Groysberg; Ingrid Vargas.
After you have read through the case study, give thoughtful, well-developed responses to these case analysis questions, in a 1 – 2 page Word Document. Upload your document by clicking the Submit Assignment button at the top of this page.
- How would you describe the research department at Merrill Lynch? Would you feel comfortable in this type of environment? Why or why not?
- Why is Candace Browning trying to encourage collaboration among the research analysts at Merrill Lynch? What are the biggest obstacles to collaboration in this context?
- Which of the collaborations was most successful? Why? Be specific.
- How confident are you that analysts will participate in collaborative work in the future? Why?
- What should Candace Browning do now?
Grading criteria and rubric for this assignment are located in your syllabus and a link to the rubric is below.