Please read below for details on each part.
Part 1, Decision Making Process: Consumer needs and wants are what drive marketers to succeed in selling their products or services through a variety of methods. Describe the process from consumer need through purchase behavior. Then, discuss how each of the following items impacts the process of decision-making. For each item, support your discussion with a personal example of purchasing a product or service.
- The type of decision in the decision-making process (i.e., high involvement versus low involvement)
- Motivation and values
- The power of attitudes
- The type of message
- Issues related to purchase and post-purchase activities
- The family and culture
Part 2, Cultures and Marketing: Our behavior as consumers is dramatically influenced by our culture. Refer back to the Marketing Pitfalls section 14.6 (Chapter 14).
- Find a similar example of an unsuccessful market entry by a global product and provide the details in your paper.
- Describe the reason why it was a failure as related to consumer behavior, culture, and/or subculture.
- Explain how you would more effectively market the global product in that country.
The Final Project Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style resource (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper guide (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.