concept of operations functions, supply chain strategy and issues required for a new production design
Nissan Motor Company, Ltd, shortened to Nissan, is a Japanese multinational automaker. Head quartered in Japan, founded 1932. It formerly marketed vehicles under the “Datsun” brand name and is one of the largest car manufacturers –revenue appx $90 billion USD (2007) and Employees 190,000 (2008). Nissan continues its quest to optimize product development and deliver highly innovative technology. Today, in various countries and regions around the world they enjoy a reputation for creating truly innovative vehicles and service programs. With facilities around the world, the Qashqai, Micra, Micra C+C and Note are produced by Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear.
- Answer the following questions on the above case, you should review about this company through secondary available information and use APA style references;
- To learn about how to use APA style reference, please visit the link below:
- Describe the nature of operations management in the organization. In doing this, first describe the operation process of the production system. Second, identify operations decisions and responsibilities. Finally, write a short paper on some of the challenges facing operations management.? (Marks 2) (word count maximum:500)
- Evaluate Nissan Motor Company in terms of its emphasis on the operations strategy objectives? What are the order winners and the order qualifiers? (word count maximum:300)
- What is the proper role of the operations function in product design? (Marks .05) (word count maximum:100)
- How to manage production and operation issues in the context of demand uncertainty and fluctuation? (Marks 1) (word count maximum:300)
- Suppose that Nissan Motor Company has considering moving from a batch process to an assembly-line process to better meet evolving market needs. What concerns might the following functions have about this proposed process change: marketing, finance, human resources, accounting, and information systems? (Marks 0.5) (word count maximum:150).
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions. All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font.