Homework Items – Week 4
1) What can you learn by engaging in an environmental scan that can influence strategic decision making and enterprise performance?
2) Define business-level strategy. Explain the differences among business-level strategies. Describe the risks of using each of the business-level strategies.
3) Use the five forces of competition model to explain how above-average returns can be earned through each business-level strategy.
4) When using SWOT to analyze internal enterprise capabilities, what impact do process limitations have on performance potential assessment? How is value chain analysis used to build competitive advantage? What role does analyzing customer needs play in shaping an effective value chain?
5) Define corporate-level strategy and discuss its purpose. Describe different levels of diversification achieved using different corporate-level strategies.
6) Explain incentives that can influence firms to use an international strategy. Identify three basic benefits firms achieve by successfully implementing an international strategy.
7) What are the strengths and limitations of The Portfolio Approach? How does the Corporate Parent Role help remote strategic business units improve performance?
8) Define and discuss the three major types of strategic alliances. Name the business-level cooperative strategies and describe their use.
9) Discuss the use of corporate-level cooperative strategies in diversified firms.
Please cite any references using APA style/format.