Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/topgsnkq/public_html/impressstudy.com/wp-content/themes/enfold/framework/php/function-set-avia-frontend.php on line 570
Discussions week 4
- The Right Questions
Asking the right questions is an important skill for strategic decision makers. Here are some questions that might be useful:
- How can we do that (don’t ask “Why can’t we do that?”)?
- How else can we do that? What else could we do?
- Will you help me? What else could we do?
- Who, what, why, where, when, and how much?
- Who will do what and by when?
Would these types of questions be useful in doing an internal analysis? Why or why not? Respond substantively to at least two of your fellow students’ postings.
- 100 Best Companies
Every year, Fortune Magazine honors the 100 best companies to work for. Get the latest list. Select one of these companies in the top 15 on the list to research (and different from your post earlier in the course). What types of functional strategies is the company using? What could other companies learn from the strategies being used by these companies?
- Business Competition
- Henry Ford once said, “Competition whose motive is merely to compete, to drive some other fellow out, never carries very far. The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time. Businesses that grow by development and improvement do not die. But when a business ceases to be creative, when it believes it has reached perfection and needs to do nothing but produce-no improvement, no development-it is done”(Newsworthy Quotes, 1999). Are his thoughts still valid in today’s environment? Explain. Respond substantively to at least two of your fellow students’ postings
- Strategic Direction
- Using the Internet (Company Web Site, Hoover’s) or Ashford library, research one of the companies listed below. What changes might you recommend in the company’s strategic direction? Explain why you did or did not recommend changes. Respond substantively to at least two of your fellow students’ postings.