The U.S. Supreme Court decided FTC v. Actavis, Inc. on June 17, 2013.
Using the case, describe the following:
1. The facts of the case (summarized)
2. The lower court’s rulings
3. The Supreme Court’s decision
4. Pay-for-delay and how it works
5. A “reverse payment settlement” and how it works
Address how the pay-for-delay and reverse-payment methods impact patent and antitrust laws. Using one of the ethical tests you have learned (Blanchard and Peale, Laura Nash, etc.), explain whether you believe pay-for-delay is an ethical approach or not.
Page length—3 to 5 pages, normal margins, double-spaced.
Use 1 to 2 research references (credible sources—no Wikipedia or a law firm blog); add bibliography.